Natural Hair Update

Saturday, January 24, 2015

I'm so excited about my natural hair, keep reading to find out  why!

natural hair growth


I wore a sew in for an entire year; I would get it refreshed about every 2 months. It is so easy to manage because I don't have to worry about my natural hair being damaged, frizzy...you know the struggle. 

Anyway, I decided it was time to see what was underneath all those tracks, and wah-lah: 

After being hidden for a year, not straighten or anything, my hair grew so much! I was really satisfied with the results :)

I've been relaxer free FOUR years now. It was a decision I made simply because I was so over getting perms, not because I wanted my hair to be healthy. I always hated the way perms made my hair feel; like there was a film on top of each strand of hair. Hated it. But, it was what I was used to, it was what I had received my whole life. My gosh, this is why you have to do your own research and follow those instincts you have because...I've never been happier.

I was living in Monterey, CA at the time.I needed a hair appointment desperately for another perm-yuck. I decided I just wasn't going to get one, I could go a little longer, couldn't I? I booked a wash and style, and my hair turned out just the same as it would with a fresh relaxer (well, it wasn't filmy and stuck to my head). That was it, I was really questioning why I would ever need one again. 

natural hair growth
I wear my natural hair straight, I am not for the twist outs, cute fros, etc. It just hasn't worked on me, and I found it too difficult to manage. 

Amen, Hallelujah!! I'm proud of the results.

Love and Sparkles // Chels



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!